Privacy and your personal information
A Slice of Orange is concerned for your privacy and as such has voluntarily committed to complying with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998. This commitment has been made by A Slice of Orange to protect the privacy of its customers, business contacts and employees.
This policy sets out how A Slice of Orange collects uses and discloses personal information, including your right of access and correction. It applies equally to conventional and electronic information.
A Slice of Orange can not guarantee the privacy of the internet or your use of this website and we will not be responsible for any damages or harm that you or any other person may suffer as a result of your use of this website.
Collection accuracy, retention and security
A Slice of Orange WILL:
- Collect and retain personal information only if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities and will do this in a lawful, fair and reasonable way;
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information collected is relevant, not excessive, accurate, complete and up-to-date;
- Take reasonable steps to ensure the protection of personal information from misuse, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure;
- Retain personal information for no longer than is necessary for legitimate purposes;
- Destroy or permanently de-identify personal information which is no longer used or required;
- Only use this information for legitimate business purposes.
Disclosure and use
A Slice of Orange WILL:
- Use collected information to provide the services you have requested or to meet the purpose for which the information was submitted. The information may also be aggregated for customer research purposes;
- Not collect, use or disclose sensitive information, such as information about a persons health, except with specific consent or in circumstances permitted by the Act;
- Ensure information provided to us will only be disclosed to a third party to the extent required to provide the requested services or to meet the purpose for which the information was submitted;
- Respect your wishes. If you tell us that you do not wish to have your personal information used or disclosed for a particular purpose, unless this is not legally or practically possible.
- You must not use any method, program, algorithm, or any other process to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of this website or the copyright material and content of this website. You must not seek to attach our website or our server to any device or system. You must not interfere with the operation of this website or use our website for any illegal activity or in any way that may infringe on any others.
What information do we gather from you?
- Information you give us
- Information automatically gathered
- Email communications
- Information from other sources such as letters, mailed orders, telephone orders, fax etc.
Do we share the information that we gather from you?
It is strictly our business policy NOT to share any of the information you give us with anyone else possessing a business interest unless you specify that you would like to do this.
The only time information may be shared is for security and verification purposes which also ensure your safety as a consumer.
Information you give us may be used by A Slice of Orange for any upcoming promotional offers. Please let us know if you do NOT want us to include you and please state this when communicating with us.
Enquiries and Access
If you wish to know more about privacy practices at asliceoforange.com.au or wish to review or make changes to your personal information held by A Slice of Orange, you may Contact lisa(at)asliceoforange.com.au. A Slice of Orange will make all reasonable efforts to promptly deal with your enquiry.